Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Santhosh Subramaniam

Its been more than a month since I watched a movie. I am so afraid to go out on weekends. Sun is literally burning everyone out one the road. Sitting in AC all week days makes me further sick seeing the sunlight. Somehow I managed to see Santhosh Subramaniam last weekend at my aunt’s place. My brother always makes sure we watch a movie together whenever I manage to pop into his house. Maybe it’s really late to share my views about this movie Santhosh Subramaniam. Still I would like share few things about the movie which I found interesting.

I have always avoided watching the movie since I had already watched Bommarillu (Telgu version of the movie) three times. And I was pretty sure this is not going to be anyway different except the language and the artists. To my happiness the movie had been a literal remake of Bommarillu. You might wonder why I am happy. I can never tolerate a movie remade in a horrible way. Some things are good as they are, especially when it touches your heart.

The movie directed by Raja, casting Jeyam Ravi , Jenalia, Prakash Raj, Sayaji Shinde and lot more is good treat for summer holidays. A beautiful love story, taken in a best way attracting people of all ages. Recently this is one movie in which parents can watch with their kids and teenagers can watch with their parents. Fun and joy is guaranteed. What else you require in a movie?

Enough of my campaign let me come back to the story. More than a love story it’s a movie that describes the relationship between a father and son, father and daughter. Both are in either pole. One relation forces you into everything with its love and care while the other gives you complete freedom with the same love and care. The movie goes on how these relations come to medium state.

Jeyam Ravi is forced by his father to do everything of his father’s choice with his illusion of trying to give him the best right from shoes to shirts, job to marriage. Jeyam ravi decides he will take up a career he likes and get married to a girl he loves. This were a difference occurs between the father and son.

Jenelia brought up by a father leads a free life doing whatever she likes in life. She is very open and frank whereas Jeyam ravi is two different personalities in and outside the house. He falls in love with her. Prakash Raj who is completely against this accepts jenelia to stay with them to prove his son this is not going to work out.

The confusion starts when jenelia lands up in the house. So how the story goes, how the tussle between father and son, father and daughter gets solved. How the love birds stick together is the climax of the story.

The montage songs in telgu you will find Siddarth wearing trendy t-hirts. In tamil they had followed the proper costumes according to the story. Everyone has done a good job. Jeyam Ravi has done justice to the role. Only thing you find missing is the siddarth cuteness and is pity face he showes in the movie. If you had not seen the telgu version, you would really love it.
Generally people think that remake movies may not prove a directors skill. A director is actually in a critical position. He should do justice to the movie. He should give the real feel of the movie to the audience without affecting the original one, if they had watched before. He should also show the difference in the movie. I like movies remade without affecting the original ones. Everyone doesn’t end up watching movies in all other languages. A good movie should definitely be reached to all audience. A good work and justice is done to the movie.

No comments: